22 June 2008

Chaplain Chris Rusack
(22 June 2008)

Brother John,

Words can't express what I am feeling right now. All I can say is WOW and Praise GOD!

It is soooo good to re-connect with everyone since my R&R. You didn't know but our internet has been down for the last two and a half weeks. It has been hard on everyone not being able to connect with family or friends but I am glad to say that it was fixed as of yesterday, hence this e-mail.

Let me also just say that it was great getting the opportunity to speak with you via phone during my R&R. The desire you have to support us in this mission is above the words I have. Please let me know what I can do for you or anyone else who has supported us. Seriously.

Now that I am back online I want to start sending photos and video of the ministry here and the things God has been doing thru things like the music ministry, care packages, and, of course, Bibles.

I had a brother from Uganda spend the day with me today. By the way, he feels called to be a Pastor and would like to go to Bible School in the States. Awesome testimony! He told me he, as well as all the other men from Uganda, is overwhelmingly blessed at how people like you and the others around the world are sending us these gifts and supplies for the troops. They say that it is the most tangible picture of how the Body of Christ should be that they have ever seen. It's even more sweet when I tell them that I have not met any of you in person (except Mrs. Jan Ross).

My soldiers' morale has really been pretty low lately because of the internet issue and the weather (127 degrees today!). They are also at the stage in their deployment when they are feeling like it's the same thing, day in and day out. Combat can be very monotonous. Missions, guard duty, more missions, patrols, more guard duty, maintenance, etc. The exciting or crazy stuff usually comes when you least expect it. Other than that, things are pretty routine and for many, quite boring. With that said, the live "Music Nights" that I hold every other week are the only thing except working out at the gym and going to Church that these soldiers have to really enjoy. That's why I'm so excited to hear about what you are sending!!!!

As far as all that, everything sounds fantastic! I don't know what to say
except "Thank You" to you and to all who gave in support of this mission in advance. I will be on the look-out for the packages and will take plenty of pictures and video when they arrive and are used. We will also write personal "thank you" notes to all who were involved. I talked to my Colonel and he said we can even send official military certificates of appreciation. I just need names, businesses, titles etc. Leave the rest to me.

Once again, thank you my dear brother for everything. You will have no idea this side of eternity how much it means and has blessed these Soldiers. May God return the blessing to you and yours one hundred fold!

In Christ, your brother

Chaplain Chris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris,

Ive been trying to get in touch with you for awhile now if you see this message please email me at diesel0861@yahoo.com